1. Without skateboarding, I wouldn't have any reason to travel. Traveling has brought me to some of the coolest places to skate, eat and meet new people. My friends and I travel all around the country just to play with a toy and I wouldn't have it any other way.
2. When you go to new places, you're going to meet new people. Talk to strangers, its rad. You never know if you have something in common with someone until you talk to them. Skateboarding has giving me some of the best friends in the world and without talking to strangers, I wouldn't know any of them.
3. There is no right or wrong way to skateboard. Everyone started skating for the same reason, and it was to have fun. Everyone has a different taste in skateboarding, and their own opinions. Have fun when you're on a board and don't let people tell you what you're doing right or wrong. Also, I've learned that every skateboarder secretly likes the skateboarding that inst their type, because without them, you wouldn't have anyone to talk shit about.
4. There's no way you've never been hurt as a skateboarder. It happens. As long as you can walk, you can ride a skateboard. Skateboarding is something that's going to be with you you're entire life. When you get injured, be patient and fully heal yourself before you try skating again. This is the most recent thing I've learned but probably the most important.
5. Take photos, make videos, collect stuff and enjoy meaningless things. Without skateboarding I'm really not to sure how many cool things I would have other than memories. I have so much stuff that means nothing to anyone else but means a lot to me. If there's ever a time in my life that I want to look back at, I can, just by pulling out old photos or videos. Whether its old skate videos, paintings, video games, toys or anything else, stuff rules. Go make things and collect shit for no reason.
All photos taken by Mike Spizzirri