1. It's full of fucking weirdos. I have yet to meet anyone who's picked up skating and is in anyway normal. Maybe it's the way they dress, how they interact, or maybe the fact that they think Limp Bizkit is the mother fucking shit. Regardless, a piece of wood with wheels brings us together.
2. What happens when you bring a bunch of different personalities together? Shit talking! Oh good googly moogly the shit talking is great. From witty one liners, to a full blown verbal assault that'll leave one in tears, the constant belittling of one another keeps everyone's ego in check.
3. Falling. That shit sucks, but that shit rules. I don't know why, but I constantly daydream about bombing a hill and eating shit. That feeling of ashphalt ripping skin off your shoulders and elbows, while you pray that you don't get popicicled by your board when you slide to a stop. It's never fun when it happens, but it builds character. The fact that you're fighting the ball of mass that you were born on, and losing horribly, is a good reminder that you're not shit.
4. Rules, were fucking surrounded by them constantly. Fuck em. They're meant to be broken, and it's fun breaking them too.
5. Friends. I've been fortunate enough to go to places I've never thought possible as some fat kid who licked the butter out of the popcorn bag. But skateboarding not only took me places, but also introduced me to some of the most beautiful, warm hearted, caring people anyone could ever ask for. I'm guilty of being a complete asshole at one point or another to a lot of them, and most of the time I don't feel very deserving of thier friendship. But I cherish them with all my heart, and try to reciprocate those feelings as best I can.
6. Do whatever it takes to be happy, and tell everyone who tries to stop you to suck a dick.