Mike is a good time, all the time. When he's not skating and acting a fool, he's playing in The Ridgelands. He took some time to share what he's learned since he's stepped on a board.
1. Skateboarding makes you a tough motherfucker in the game of life. There's nothing more humbling than smacking some pavement after rolling over, literally, the smallest pebble. Just like learning that you should ride bigger wheels you learn to put on your big boy pants and get the fuck up.
2. Skateboarding and punk rock go hand in hand. It's in no way limited to punk but that shit goes like PB&J. I remember the first time I put two and two together was seeing Greco's Misled Youth part when I was a kid, all super fast clips to Black Flag's "Fix Me" a one minute song. Seen that shit and it just made sense.
3. Beer is good. Took a slam? Drink a beer! Stuck that shit? Pop a brew! Too hurt to skate? Get stewed!!
4. No rules. Do whatever the fuck you want whether on a skateboard or in life.
5. Last but certainly not least, be passionate about everything you do. Love the fuck out of your significant other, do anything for your friends and family, make music you love, write lyrics that you feel, skate as hard as you can, cook, get really fucking good ath knitting it doesn't matter just devastate your opposition and go at whatever the fuck it is you're doing 100%