In my opinion (that you probably don’t give a fuck about), The Clash should be in everyone’s music collection. Each album different from the last, all unique in their own ways while catering to just about every music genre they could have. Here we have a Podcast of the original songs that they covered from their various studio albums and singles collections. One of my favorite things about The Clash was that any song they covered, they made their own. No matter how wide this podcast is with different sounding songs, you can throw the clash versions all together and they all sound like they’re clash originals. Point and case, you probably didn’t know half these songs were even covers. One of the many reasons they were dubbed “The only band that matters”. As you can hear in this podcast, from Rockabilly, Reggae, Love Ballads to Jazz they took a swing at em and turned out something bitchin' each time. You can really hear how wide their influence really was. Fuckin nailed it.
Whatever. This isn’t a history lesson and I’m no journalist. You wanna get educated?? go to fucking college ya dweeb. Give this shit a listen.
- Police On My Back - The Equals
- Brand New Cadillac -Vince Taylor & His Playboys
- Armageddon Time - Willie Williams
- Police & Thieves - Junior Murvin
- Revolution Rock - Danny Ray & The Revolutionaries
- Time Is Tight - Booker T & The MG’s
- I Fought The Law -The Bobby Fuller Four
- Pressure Drop - Toots & The Maytals
- Junco Partner - James Waynes
- Wrong Em’ Boyo - The Rulers
- Look Here - Mose Allison
- Every Little Bit Hurts - Brenda Holloway